Cleaning your DeLonghi Eletta is a must if you want to extend the lifespan of the machine and continue to receive great tasting coffee.
DeLonghi Eletta cleaning features
All of the DeLonghi Eletta machines come with an integrated cleaning feature to descale.
Some of the machines, such as the DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino, come with an integrated cleaning feature that automatically sterilises and cleans any parts that have been in contact with milk.
How to disassemble a DeLonghi Eletta
If you’re looking to deep clean your DeLonghi Eletta, follow the steps below to disassemble the machine:
- First start by turning off your machine and unplugging it from the wall.
- To remove the drip tray, pull it horizontally to remove it.
- Take the water tank out by simply pulling on it.
- Continue by removing the top cover.
- To remove the steam wand, press the button on the side of the spout or on top (depending on your model) and gently remove the wand.
- You can now hand wash all of these elements and dry them before fitting them back onto the machine.
How do you do a clean cycle on a DeLonghi Eletta?
If you are looking to do a clean cycle on your DeLonghi Eletta, you will need to run the descaling program.
Even if you just want to run water through your machine, you will still need to follow the self cleaning descaling options.
How do I descale my Delonghi Eletta?
It’s important to descale your DeLonghi Eletta so you can extend its lifespan and improve the overall quality of your coffee.
Don’t worry if you’re unsure about when or how to clean your coffee machine, we have a full guide on descaling your DeLonghi Eletta coffee machine.
How often should I clean an automatic coffee machine?
How often you clean your coffee machine really depends on how often you use it. If you’re using your coffee machine every day, you should be descaling and deep cleaning the appliance at least once a month.
If you don’t think you need to be cleaning it this often, you should ideally clean it once every two or three months.
It may seem like a mundane task, but cleaning your coffee machine will help to ensure it is working properly and prevent limescale from clogging the pipes.