Why Has My Induction Hob Locked?
AEG induction hobs can lock for several reasons. It could be due to a system malfunction or a problem with the power or circuit. But in most cases, it is because you have accidentally turned on one of the settings. The child safety device and child lock will cause your hob to lock, and so will the general lock setting.
Deactivating these settings is quick and easy. Here is everything you should know about how to unlock an AEG induction hob:
How Do I Turn The Lock Off On My AEG Hob?
- Turn the power button on. Each hob will show the “L” symbol next to it.
- Press on each hob symbol. Do all four starting from left to right.
- Press the “Lock” button.
- Immediately press the main switch.
- Press and hold down on the “lock” button for a few seconds. All of the hobs should then turn back on and be unlocked.
How To Deactivate The Childproof Lock On An AEG Hob
You can deactivate the childproof lock very easily, whether it was turned on by accident or intentionally. The childproof lock ensures that each cooking zone doesn’t turn on when touching the hob. All of the cooking zones operate individually, so it is important that you turn all of them off.
To deactivate the childproof lock and get all plates and heat settings working again, do the following:
- Press and hold the lock button for about 4 seconds.
- This will turn the previous heat setting on again.
- The childproof lock has then been deactivated.
How To Turn Off The Cleaning Lock On An AEG Hob
The AEG hob does not have a cleaning lock. However, you should wait for the induction hob to cool down before wiping it down. You can burn yourself if the cooking zone is still hot. Alternatively, you can just lock your hob after the cooking process is done to avoid it turning back on again.
How To Activate The Childproof Lock On An AEG Hob
The child lock safety setting prevents any of the cooking zones from turning on and heating up. Children love to touch and fiddle with things, so this setting can prevent any and all accidental operations that may lead to harm. To activate the child safety device, do the following:
- Choose a temperature from the heat settings on the control panel.
- Press and hold the lock button for around 4 seconds.
- You should see the “L” appear on the screen. If there is a timer currently set, the timer will stay in place.
- This will turn the child lock on and activate it. None of the settings can be altered while the “L” is displayed.
Alternatively, you can do the following to turn the child lock on:
- Touch the “menu” button on your display panel.
- Go to settings.
- Select “turn child lock on”
- Turn this function on and press the letters A-O-X to activate the child lock.
AEG Hob Basic Settings
The AEG induction hob has a number of great settings. There is the child lock setting, the child safety device, a timer, a heat setting, an automatic heat up, and an Off-sound control to turn off any sounds that the hob makes.
You can turn the child safety device on very easily, and it is a great added setting. Simply turn the hob on, press and hold on the “lock” button for about 4 seconds until the “L” symbol comes on. And then stop the hob using the main switch. Many of these safety settings help avoid accidental operation.
Other than safety settings, the hob also has some automatic settings that save energy and make it more eco-friendly. It can change the heat temperature and make it lower, which reduces energy consumption, and it has power-saving settings. The manual also has some other helpful tips that can ensure smooth and economical operation.