Why Has My Induction Hob Locked?
A Hotpoint induction hob can lock for various reasons, and when the lock has been activated, you will find that the induction cooktop will not heat up, and the control panel will not work until you unlock it again.
An induction hob locks for safety reasons. It may be on the child safety lock. It can lock due to a malfunction. It may have sensed that there was an issue and locked itself as a precautionary measure. It may even lock itself if you use the wrong cookware on the stovetop.
Luckily, unlocking the induction hob again is quick and easy. Here you will find out just how to unlock a Hotpoint induction hob.
How Do I Turn The Lock Off On My Hotpoint Hob?
Induction hobs are very easy to use, and changing the settings is very simple. You can also find a lot more information on this in the instruction manual that came with your induction hob. In order to turn the hob lock off, you will need to do the following:
- Turn the induction hob on with the main switch.
- Press and hold the “lock” symbol for 3 seconds.
- Wait until you hear a beeping noise, and the light display next to the symbol should light up.
- This indicates that you have turned the hob lock off. Then wait for the light to go out. Now the induction hob has been unlocked.
How To Deactivate The Child-Proof Lock On A Hotpoint Hob
Deactivating the child-proof lock on this appliance is simple. You can do the following to deactivate this setting:
- Turn your hob on.
- Hold the lock button down for a few seconds until you hear a beeping noise.
- The hob should then be unlocked, and you will be able to start cooking again and using the hob as you usually would.
How To Turn Off The Cleaning Lock On A Hotpoint Hob
It is crucial that all of the zones on the induction cooktop are turned off before cleaning and that the heat indicator is still not on display. Once you have cleaned your appliance, you can unlock this setting again.
Turn your hob on and then hold down the “lock” button until you hear a beeping sound. All of the cooking zones should have a “0” displayed next to them.
How To Activate The Child-Proof Lock On A Hotpoint Hob
You can activate the child lock on your induction cooktop to avoid running into problems before and after the cooking process. Children love to push buttons and fiddle, and this can easily go wrong when using an induction hob. Do the following to activate the child safety lock:
- Set all of the hotplates on your induction stove to setting 2.
- Turn each plate off one by one. Start from left to right.
- Hold the main power switch down for 5 seconds.
- Wait until you hear a beeping noise. This will indicate that the child lock has been activated.
Hotpoint Hob Basic Settings
The Hotpoint induction hob has a number of settings. You can access the menu, where you can find various advanced settings. There is the combi duo setting that allows you two use two burners as one for a larger cooking space. There is also a keep warm setting, a melting setting, a boiling function, and a slow cooking function.
The Hotpoint hob has a basic power button that is used to turn the appliance on and off. There are also the “+/-” buttons that can help you alter the heat when you cook your food. Each plate can turn on individually, and there is a “lock” button. You can find in-depth details about each setting in the user manual that came with your appliance.
The Hotpoint hob also has a timer, booster function, and various safety devices built into it to ensure that your appliance is secure and always functioning optimally.