Why Has My Induction Hob Locked?
Your induction hob may lock for several reasons. It could be that the child lock or child safety device has been activated. There is also an automatic locking function if you wipe a cloth over the control panel while the cooking zone is on.
It can also lock if there is a malfunction, electrical issue, or any other type of technical problem. Induction stoves have automatic safety cut-out functions. You can refer back to your user manual to find all of the information about activating and deactivating most of these settings. But here is all you need to know about how to unlock a Zanussi induction hob:
How Do I Turn The Lock Off On My Zanussi Hob?
You may want to lock your appliance to avoid changing a heat setting during the cooking process, during cleaning, or to protect your child from playing around with the stove. If you want to turn the lock off, simply do the following:
- Press and hold the “lock” button for around 4 seconds.
- It will now switch back to being unlocked and go to the previous heat setting you were on.
- Alternatively, you can also turn the hob on and off again, as this resets the setting.
How To Deactivate The Childproof Lock On A Zanussi Hob
Deactivating the child lock setting is quick and easy. You can head over to the control panel and then press and hold the “lock” button for 4 seconds. This will unlock the hob, and you can start using all of the basic functions on the control panel like normal again. When it is locked, you will not be able to change any settings.
How To Turn Off The Cleaning Lock On A Zanussi Hob
The cleaning lock can be very handy as it ensures that you do not push any buttons or change settings while cleaning the appliance. It is recommended that you clean the appliance after every use as it helps avoid unwanted and dangerous situations.
To turn off the cleaning lock, do the following:
- Press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds.
- Where you saw the “L” symbol, you should now see “0” by all of the controls.
- Then hold the “lock” button and the “-” button down for 5 seconds.
- Wait until you hear the bleep sound. This will tell you that the appliance is now unlocked.
How To Activate The Childproof Lock On A Zanussi Hob
By activating the child locking function, you will lock the control panel, and it prevents any changes to the settings. To activate the child lock, you should do the following:
- Choose a heat setting for the cooking zones.
- Press and hold the “lock” button on the control panel for around 4 seconds.
- The “L” symbol should appear on the control panel.
- The child lock has now been activated.
You could also activate the child safety device on the Zanussi induction hob. The child safety device is an excellent feature of this hob.
Zanussi Hob Basic Settings
The Zanussi hob has a number of settings that ensure smooth and easy operation.
- There is a power button on the control panel. This is for switching the appliance on and off.
- There is the “lock” button. This unlocks and locks the whole control panel.
- The +/- buttons. These can be used to change the heat setting.
- There is also a separate heat setting display on the control panel. This shows you what setting the hob is on and how hot the plates are.
These are the basic settings for proper functioning. The control panel can also show you a number of other symbols that all have different meanings. These include the following:
- L: The child safety device or the lock has been activated
- P: The power function has been activated
- H: The cooking zone is still very hot
- E: This indicates that there is a malfunction