Induction cooktops are growing in popularity due to the heating consistency, energy efficiency, and faster heating times that they offer. However, like most innovations, induction cooktops are prone to malfunctions. Here’s a quick guide on unlocking your Bosch cooktop.
Why Has My Induction Hob Locked?
There are generally two main reasons why an induction hob will lock. The first would be a touchscreen recognition malfunction, which typically happens when a substance leaks on the keyboard. Fixing this is generally a simple matter of using a hob-friendly detergent and a microfiber cloth.
The second would be the accidental activation of the child lock. This is a feature that most induction hobs come with nowadays. Your induction cooktop won’t turn on when this feature is active.
How Do I Turn The Lock Off On My Bosch Hob?
- Press the panel lock button.
- Hold down the panel lock button for three seconds or until you hear a beep. The beep is an indication that the cooktop surface has been unlocked.
Please note that these steps could vary slightly according to the model that you have. Always check your manual for further details.
How To Deactivate The Childproof Lock On A Bosch Hob
The childproof lock is one of the many safety features of a Bosch induction cooktop. Here’s how you can deactivate it:
- Locate the lock button. It will generally be a key symbol but may also be a lock.
- Press and hold the key symbol button for around four seconds
- The key light will then turn off to indicate a successful lockout
If the lock on your induction cooktop doesn’t turn off or if it shows you any error codes, then get in touch with Bosch customer support.
How To Turn Off The Cleaning Lock On A Bosch Hob
Turning off the cleaning lock is a similar process to deactivating the childproof lock.
- Touch the clean lock button. On most models, this is the same button as the childproof lock button. The previously illuminated key will turn off, indicating that the cleaning lock on your induction cooktop has now been turned off.
The cleaning lock stays on for approximately 30 seconds, so alternatively, you could simply wait for this period to lapse.
How To Activate The Childproof Lock On A Bosch Hob
To activate the childproof lock, the hob must be switched off.
- Press and hold the key symbol for at least four seconds. After doing this, the child lock will be active on your induction cooktop.
Bosch Hob Basic Settings
To access the basic settings of your Bosch induction cooktop, it must first be turned off.
- Switch on the hob.
- Within ten seconds of it being turned on, touch and hold the key symbol for around four seconds. The first four displays will provide product information. You can press the minus or plus button to view the individual displays.
- Press the key button again to get to basic settings. Touch the key button again to get the required function.
- Use the plus and minus buttons to set the preferred setting.
- Touch and hold the key button to save the settings.